Custom Unit Scientist
Job ref: DH/CUS1
We require a highly motivated individual to fulfil a challenging R&D and manufacturing role within our Biochip Custom Unit section.
• Formulation of bulk material.
• Dispensing, labelling, packing and quality control release of product.
• Maintenance of accurate records and strict adherence to established procedures.
• Operation, calibration and basic maintenance of the Evidence family of analysers and other analytical instrumentation to generate reliable analytical data.
• Accurate maintenance of quality control records.
• Troubleshooting of analyser problems.
• R&D for novel markers.
• Adherence to company health and safety procedures and the maintenance of safe working environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to at least GCE Level in a Science subject or have relevant experience within a production/manufacturing environment
• Qualified to at least degree level in a Life Science
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety including COSHH
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Must have excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages)
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.